It seems as though anytime I really want something, the universe plots against me and my usually manageable "to do" list begins to over flow with tasks that must be done now. For example, my current goal is to move to Provo in January. This requires finishing my application to BYU and getting in... simple right? Oh no! I have to:
1. get my Institute teacher to fill out his section and send it in
2. interview with my Bishop
3. then interview with my Stake President... (This will be difficult on its own seeing as how he will be released in two weeks and is pretty busy getting ready to be the new Oakland Temple President.)
4. send transcripts
5. finish essay and submit it
Then there are the extra things like:
1. finish scholarship applications
2. financial aid applications
3. driving lessons
4. finding someone suicidal enough to let me practice driving
5. actually getting licence
6. buy car
7. buy my computer... this one needs to get done soonish
8. do laundry... MUST be done sooner than later!
And of course school starts on Tuesday... so I will be having to go to school and actually focus on what I am studying because I am taking all major classes. If I don't get in (knock on wood), I'll have to stay and complete my A.S. at West Valley. WHEN I do... I will have to keep up my GPA cause I will have to resubmit my transcripts at the end of the semester to get credit for what I took. I'll also need it to complete my math and chem courses.
Wow... That is kinda a lot to get done in the next month... well for the first list. I have three months to get the rest done too. Yes, I'll admit that I like lists and be happy I only put up the sane looking list where every item looks simple. The truth is I like to make tasks have multiple steps... it does make me feel really overwhelmed but I feel so good to see that I've done a ton of things. C'mon... If I just put down laundry it would never get crossed off because that little step at the end call "put away" only happen 3 out of 5 times.
My list: Everyone Else's:
1. sort 1. laundry
2. wash darks (cold)
3. wash darks
4. wash whites
5. dry
6. fold
7. put away
See with mine you get to feel like you got 6 out of 7 done... rather than nothing. haha Okay that was way off topic... I'm going to do my laundry and maybe get something crossed off my list.
Fleaology: This is where I'll be this weekend!
13 years ago
1 comment:
Um, I am surprised, I had no idea that you were seriously thinking of going to BYU. Might one ask as to the reason, hmmmmm?
Post a Comment