Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My First Semester in the Holy Land

I have been feeling like such a slacker lately because I have not updated my blog in so long. It is not because there is little to report from my adventures in the "Holy Land" but more due to the fact that there is so much going on that I have had no time to post. Now that the winter semester is over and the spring term has just begun, I have some time. My thoughts have been turning to where I was only 16 weeks ago. Everything was new to me. I had no friends, tons of homework, snow everywhere and I hated it. All I wanted was to go home to the people who loved me. Thank goodness that along the way I was found by a group of extraordinary people that saw the best in me and were willing to get to know and love me.

My Adopted Family



From left to right we have James Chandler, Clayton Chandler, Me, Brooke Tolman, Andrew Jones, Cliff Chandler, Chelsea Jordan, Emily Hammond, and Chris Graham.

In the middle of March, we decided that me needed to take a break from school and escape on a sort of make shift spring break. For some reason Andrew got this idea that we should go up to the Chandler's farm in Idaho... so we went and it was great.

The Activites

*A trip to the store to get things to shoot




*Shooting

*Playing with knives

*Making honey... rather watching James make honey

*Wrestling and tagging calves

*Riding Horses

*Shooting more guns

*Wrestling more claves


*Bottle feeding


Idaho was only one example of the fun that I had. I have made such amazing friends and I am so very grateful and blessed to have them in my life. I don't know what I would have done without them.

Thank you!

No comments: